Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Year....goodbye

Whew!! Well... here we are at the end of another year! Can you believe how fast this year went by?! I sure can't. But, I've come to the realization that when you get older, the year usually goes by very quickly :). I wonder why that is.

It's amazing how many thing change in just one years time. Once again, another year of not being in school! Honestly, I miss it! Never thought I'd say that. I finished my third semester of FBI...no, not the cool one 8)...Faith Bible Institute. Wait no....my fourth semester. Uhh...I think. Anywho....that has definitely been a blessing.

I started working at the airport this Summer too! Pretty cool...let me tell ya! It's amazing what goes on BEHIND the curtain of those kind of places :). I love being able to scan my badge and go anywhere I want (with my adventurous pal, CPR).

I had the privilege to go to 2 camps this Summer. I was a counselor at Camp Victory...that was a first. And pretty nifty too!

I could go on and on about what went on this summer..well actually, all year. But I won't bore you with all that :).

OH!! I almost forgot!!! I got a tortoise this year :). Crush is his name. What a joy he brought to our family....juuuust kidding. But really, he is an awesome little reptile! He loves to be out of his tank and roam around. And I've "lost" him a couple times. Poor thing. Also, he is extremely loud at night.

I didn't do an extreme, crazy, random "new year" resolution this year like I did in 2011. For y'all that don't know, I went an entire year without ANY chocolate! Yup, you heard me right. NO chocolate! Yes, I'm crazy! I wanted to do something that would be hard and have self control over something that I love! Whew....that was hard! But I made it! The day finally came when I could have chocolate (my friends loaded me up btw) and I ended up spending the day in the hospital. Was quite the experience! All that to say, this year I'm going to go all year without SODA! I don't think it'll be tooooo hard. Except when I have random cravings for cherry Pepsi (mmmmmmm). We shall see how it goes! It's a good thing I LOVE milk :).

One thing that God has really taught me this year is Loooooongsuffering and Patience! Also trusting in Him. There are some things that I wanted to happen in my life...but for now, He says to wait.

I can't wait to see what The Lord has for me this new year of 2013 (it's gonna take awhile to get used to saying that number)!!

As I'm writing this out, I'm sitting in the DMV waiting to get new registration for my car. Why do I wait till the day it expires?? Oh my. Hurry up 2013! :).

HaPpY nEw YeAr Y'ALL!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sitting here reading your blog with my Dr.Pepper....oh whoops I won't say that soda word anymore. Did I mention it was a delicious, fizzy drink called Dr.Pepper?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Madison...how funny you are. not :). It's a good thing you're miles away...oh, and i don't like DP :) ha! Miss you!

      Delete
  2. who cares about soda! i'm ready for some more adventures... 2013 is gonna be even better! yes?

    ReplyDelete