Thursday, August 28, 2014

Selawik

I had the opportunity to go to a tiny Village called Selawik. It was an experience of a lifetime. So much so that I didn't want to leave!






We arrived Friday early afternoon and spent time with Compton family (our Missionaries there) and went exploring around town. Then later in the afternoon the community was getting together to meet the schools teachers for the year. So we got to see most everybody on the first day! That was pretty neat. Spent time playing with the kids and such. We pretty much chilled the rest of the day. That's the village life for ya :).






Saturday we hung out with the kids and teens playing basketball. Did more exploring. We invited teens to the teen activity that we were having that night. Made preparations for that. We had about 20 teens come out that evening! Played lots of crazy games (thanks glam), ate pizza, had a devotional, sang and played more games! Everybody had a good time! It was encouraging that so many came out that evening.





Sunday was church! The first service was at 11. Mainly white people came to that one. The school teachers/staff. I thought that was kinda funny. THEN at 1 we had bible time for the kids! Whew....that was fun! There had to have been atleast 50 kids that came. We split them up into 2 groups. Nicole taught the older kids and Cara taught the younger ones. 






I'm so thankful I got to go on this trip. I had a wonderful time meeting new people, developing friendships, spending time the the awesome Compton Family and the Selawik Seven, seeing the village life in person, hearing testimonies from the heart of hurting people and much more! I absolutely CAN'T WAIT to go back! 



No vehicles here



Love these girls!








How many people can you fit on one four-wheeler? 6!


the BEAUTIFUL Selawik River

Caleb and I

Caleb, Bethany and Bro. Warren


Wished you were here Grace!







2 comments:

  1. you beat me to it! I haven't had a chance to do my Selawik post yet. :) #selawikseven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! Interesting dog- wonder what mix it is? Miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete