Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Camp Victory

Well, hello again blog world! It’s been much too long…but I can explain.

Where to begin? I actually have a list of 8 different posts to do. Now I just have to find some time J. I have been out of town for 3 weeks which is why I have been behind. But hey, that gives me 3 more topics to write about. You might be wondering where on earth I have been. Let’s just say summertime in Alaska is super quick and super busy! Especially at our church. If you blink too fast, you’ll miss it.

We had our 3 teen camps 3 weeks in a row. Yes, that’s where I've been. What a blast! So I’ll start with Camp Victory. I've got to rewind  my mind back 4 weeks to try and remember everything.

It was an awesome week. Our groups of teens this year seem really young. I’m not sure if it is because I’m older or if we really are lacking in the older generation of teens. I think it’s a mixture of both. Most of the teens were in the age group of 13-15. But, we still had fun. I was the counselor of an AWESOME group this year! We totally had the best cabin ever! So many memories. Especially on nights where we stayed up till 4 am and………pranked J. Keep it on the down low though….they still don’t know it was us.

Also, we had a group from Heartland Baptist with us that week. Whew…grand times! They were really cool. I have friendships that will last a long time. *Shout out to Grace*. I don’t think I’ve EVER met someone who is so much like me. Sounds weird but it is true. I’m so so thankful to God for letting our paths cross. Can’t wait till we see each other again! WATCH OUT, WORLD!

The preaching was amazing as always. We had about 6 preachers everyday. God spoke to me each and every time. We truly are blessed to have men of God here in Fairbanks to come out and preach to the teens.
I knew I should of written this sooner. My memory is running low. No Bueno. I have a TON of pictures to post, but unfortunately I don’t have them all at this time. So I’ll only post a few for now.

 
Paintball! 

One of our....slightly dangerous games

Liberty and I

Madelyns artwork

Inside Games

Nehemiah Preaching

Me, Grace and Lacey!

CRAZY!!  
Tape Shyanne? Greatest idea so far!

PART of our fabulous cabin

We are weird

The one, the only.....4AM GANG! 


P.S. My birthday is in 5 days. If you would like to be a blessing, feel free to send me something.

5 comments:

  1. You guys play tube tug too?!? It's the best isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes we do :). Nobody went to the hospital this year!!

      Delete
  2. Paintball, great times, great times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I pretty much died...from you!

      Delete
    2. You know it was fun. :) Besides, you should learn the rules to something before playing.

      Delete