Thursday, April 10, 2014

God made me

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. -Ephesians 2:10

I've recently been reading a book and one of things that it is talking about is how God made me just how he wanted me! There isn't a human 'standard' that I have to live up to, He made me just the way I am! 

Often times, it seems that we try to conform and model to someone else. I need a new hairstyle, I need to lose weight (ha!), I need to get new clothes, I need to change the shape of my body and so on. 

GUESS WHAT?! WE DON'T! Whew...bet I just saved you a bunch of money! :)

I'm in no way saying that it is a bad thing to have new things and take care of ourselves. But, are we doing it for a way so that others will notice or are we doing it for God's glory? Are we going to the gym to chisel our body in a way that the world looks upon as 'fit' and 'looks good'? *rant over*

Just think - there is nobody in this world who is exactly like me! I am one of a kind! I'm special! God made me! If you really stop to ponder that, it's truly amazing. The God of the ENTIRE UNIVERSE made everyone unique and different. So let's stop trying to look like and be someone else. 

In closing, if the barn needs painting...then paint it! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment